After a well attended inaugural conference in Dublin, showcasing open source community solidarity and industry thought-leadership, Caffelli helped the Linux Foundation follow suit by branding and helping plan the MeeGo 2011 event in San Francisco. Positioned as an anticipated event for the future of open source mobile computing—on devices ranging from smart phones to in-vehicle infotainment devices to netbooks—MeeGo 2011 San Francisco offered OSVs, OEMs, and other MeeGo project contributors a press-friendly stage to showcase their next generation devices and solutions.
Caffelli was responsible for the branding, stage design, animations, AV management and much of the on-site event planning with excellent collaboration from our friends at VenuesWorld.com. Branding an event at Caffelli is more than just a conference guide and hallway signs—it is an in depth understanding of the attendees. In order to better understand the community, our Creative Director and Design Director participated in handfuls of late night community gatherings, IRC channel banter, and even conducted community surveys in search of content-gems that would later adorn the windows and walls of the conference center through expressive typography. After exploring the playful and intelligent world of MeeGo and open source developers, the Caffelli team embarked on the design of way finding, experiential flow of exhibits, marketing of tertiary activities, and the melding of over a dozen sponsored booths and their integration into the larger 1,200+ person event.
“I worked with Marc during planning and execution for the 2011 MeeGo conference in San Francisco. Among other things, his firm, Caffelli, was responsible for design, planning, and execution of branding and creative assets for the conference. Marc impressed me with the clarity of his vision, and his firm's ability to execute. Caffelli provided top-notch creative assets, and were onsite through the entire conference to ensure smooth execution. Marc is accessible and easy to work with, and confident and clear in his decision making process. I highly recommend his work.”
—Brian Warner, Mobile Solutions Manager, The Linux Foundation
Creative Services Delivered
- Aided in conference and space planning.
- Site visits and planning for potential hotels and party venues.
- AV vendor management.
- Stage design creative direction and motion graphics across 80' of pixel mapped screens.
- In-depth way finding for four levels of conference space.
- Exhibit booth planning and branding assistance across over a dozen sponsor areas.
- On site video editing for keynote presentation kickoffs.
- Keynote speaker coordination and show queue to queue.
- Event photography, touch up, and distribution to speakers.
- Live stream server management.
- Conference printed collateral.
- Design of conference merchandise.
- Community polling, and communication strategy that led to expressive large format wall graphics throughout the conference space.